Thursday, July 9, 2009

Some information about this guy

I am taking this course as an elective within my sociology major, but I also am very excited about the class because it seems as though the subject matter is going to be interesting to me. I am really looking forward to the education aspect of the course but also being in the Adirondacks, a place where I have camped many times and really enjoy spending time and hopefully get to do some fishing.

I have not totally ruled out the possibility of someday being a teacher, but for now my degree is going to be in sociology and I am hoping to find a job in law enforcement. My experience in the Navy has really motivated me to go into the law enforcement field. Many of my responsibilities while in the Navy were very similar to what one might do in law enforcement and I really enjoyed the experience.

My professional goals in law enforcement are to move up the ranks in a city, county or state police agency and never lose sight of many of the passions about serving and protecting communities that I have now. I hope to always be in a profession that I continually find rewarding and challenging and rising to those challenges.

Like I said, I am not going into teaching, but I have always had an interest in it. Many of my family members are in education and although I frequently am present during their “venting” sessions, they all really love their jobs and I couldn’t imagine them doing anything else. This is pretty inspiring.

My goals for the week really are to learn more about the Adirondacks. I have visited quite a few times, but really to do more relaxing than learning and even though I don’t have a classroom to bring this information back to, I am looking forward to impressing my family with all my new knowledge of the Adirondacks when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment