Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What I have gotten out of this Awesome class

This class has had meaningful effects on my life. I have already looked into the composting within schools for my wife. It is hard though because most people do not accept change or offer to take on large challenges such as this well but I am still trying. I am also looking into additional home energy sources for my home. Learning about the CSA has opened up my eyes to think differently about things because I used to just go to the grocery store and buy what I wanted not what is in season. Another thing is that I did not know that the grocery stores are subsidized with our tax money for transportation, which was something that blew me away. This class has opened my eyes to many other possibilities such as having smaller school districts in the future. This class has also opened my eyes to the power crisis and also the kid crisis. Kids definitely need to be out doors and use other senses in addition to just seeing and hearing.

I have taken many things from this awesome class. First are different options and ideals about different energy and environmental problems or dilemmas that we as a country will face in the near feature. I have also received a “need to do something” attitude from this class. No one person can save us from these problems that we face. It will take every person changing a little bit, while staying open-minded people for our country to rebound and become a well soybean oiled machine. Another thing I took away from this class is that we as adults need to teach the leaders of tomorrow about the outdoors, nature and about how valuable it is. They also need to be taught how to preserve and how to be active in the outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. Eric,

    It was great getting to meet you and see your enthusiasm for learning. It sounds like, that although you aren't planning on being a teacher (for now - although maybe in the future?) that you were able to take away several things from this course to use in your personal and professional life. Please remember to keep in touch with Karl and I, and let us know how your ideas to live a more sustainable life are going for you.

    - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY DUDE!

    I Think its cool that you are helping your wife out with things in her classrom. I'm sure she appreciates it. haha she's probably wondering what kind of class you went to!
    Im glad I met you, you were a blast to be around. Keep in touch and let me know how things are.

    ReplyDelete